The road to investing

How do you start investing? I don't know, but I plan to find out. This is the story of my adventures in investing. I am a complete beginner with no prior experiance, and I want to share my thoughts and problems with you!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Ok, so... I need to invest money. Well, let's see... First step is... Put money in my account. Check. Now, who do I invest in? Hmmm....

Time to do some research. Let's start with the experts. Hmm... I like MSN, and they have a moneycentral, so let's check that out... Let's see... Jim Jubak has an article out to tell you what to invest in this quarter. Well, he wants me to use Beta to invest in this quarter. Well, that sounds reasonable. He also lists 5 nice stocks to look into.
After a little research, American Eagle Outfitters looks good. I think I'll add them to the list. I wear American Eagle... It's almost Christmas... They're good in the news and they have a good beta. Why the hell not?
Ok, what else... Hmm... Nvidia is there too. Do I like Nvidia? Well personally I've never bought one of their video cards but their motherboards are to die for. Vista's coming out, and it's almost Christmas, people buy computers at Christmas. It has a good Beta too. Ok, I'll bite.

Alright, some tech stocks and I'm done... Let's see... Am I diversified? I don't even know what it means and I still know I'm not. If tech goes down, so do I. I can't afford to really buy that many other stocks right now, though. I'll work on some more next week and diversify everything. But hey, I have clothing stocks, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home